April 12, 2018
Becker’s Hospital Review is one of the preeminent media companies in the healthcare industry, and their annual conference draws thousands of healthcare executives looking to stay abreast of industry trends, learn from the best in the country (and around the world), connect with their peers, and visit vendors and partners.
At this year’s conference in Chicago, EPSi clients played a major role, speaking and presenting at more than eight sessions.
Among the highlights:
- Excelling as a Specialty Hospital – Giovanni Piedmont, MD, FAAP, FCCP, Chairman, Cleveland Clinic Pediatric Institute
- How we use Lean Six Sigma to create a a culture of safety, improvement and drive double digit margins – Todd Burch, CEO, Aspirus Riverview Hospital & Clinics, Inc.
- Leading and Disrupting in a Public Health System – Akram Boutros, MD, FACHE, President and CEO
- Preparing for Medicaid Reform: Insights from a State and Teaching Hospital Perspective – Mark D. Birdwhistell, MPA, Vice President, Administration and External Affairs, University of Kentucky Healthcare
- Developing a Core Strategy for 2018-2020 – Todd Snyder, CEO, Pomerene Hospital and Russ Johnson, CEO, Lawrence Memorial Hospital
Hot topics that drew big crowds centered around leadership development, bundled payments, innovation and IT (especially around artificial intelligence and telemedicine), and managing costs (especially in the pharmacy and across merged organizations).